Can anyone get enough beer? That’s the question that beer lovers will ask themselves when the third annual San Antonio Beer Week begins May 12 with a Mother’s Day party at Freetail Brewing Company. It concludes the following Saturday, May 18, with a pint crawl that will visit at least five breweries.
SABW “is a special week dedicated to celebrating beer and the community that enjoys it!” according to the event’s website. “Events will include a special night at each of the San Antonio-area breweries, special beer dinners and tastings, walking pub crawls, a bus pub crawl, (and) a pro-am brewing competition for a chance to have your beer entered in the Great American Beer Festival.”
Here are a few highlights of the week:
- Bake, Boil and Brew, 1508 Guadalupe St., is hosting is its annual Sweet and Sour Soiree at 5 p.m. May 12. Four samples from Sour Beers paired with treats from Sweet Fuzion Cupcakes will be featured at the event.
- Visit Pedernales Brewing Company in Fredericksburg and taste its new beer, the Lobito, on a bus tour that leaves Blue Star in San Antonio at 9 a.m. May 13. Lunch is at the Fredericksburg Brewing Co.
- Branchline Brewing Co. hosts the opening festivities at 6 p.m. May 13 at its brewery, 3633 Metro Parkway. A new beer brewed just for the occasion will be served.
- Gastronomica Progressive Culinaria, an underground dinner group, and Big Hops Growler Station are partnering up for a 7-course craft beer dinner at 5:30 and 7:30 p.m. May 15. Tickets are $50. The dinner’s at Big Hops, 8313 Broadway.
- The Point Park & Eats, 24180 Boerne Stage Road, is hosting Open the Taps, a showcase of Texas craft beers, set for 6 p.m. May 16.
There are more events on the schedule. For a full list, click here.
A few of the participating breweries include 5 Stones Craft Brewing Co., The Granary, Blue Star Brewing Co., Ranger Creek Brewing and Distilling, Alamo Beer Company, Branchline Brewing, Freetail Brewing, Pedernales, and Fredericksburg Brewing Co.
It all just makes you want to fill a mug with your favorite beer and then chase it with a brew that’s new.