Kiddie Corner at Cured with Chef Steve McHugh
Chef Steve McHugh of Cured will be offering cooking classes for kids ages 7 to 12 at the Pearl Farmers Market on Saturday, July 26 at 9 a.m.
Children will shop the market for seasonal produce and learn how to safely prepare each ingredient and create dishes they can easily reproduce at home.
The class will last for 30 minutes and cost $15 per child. All proceeds will be benefit Share Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry campaign to end childhood hunger.
To reserve your spot please call 210.314.3929.
Summer in Tuscany at Sur La Table
Rustic yet refined, Tuscan cooking is famous for using simple ingredients and preparations to create delicious, authentic flavors. Our instructor will teach you the techniques behind these satisfying recipes as well as a few tips to make their preparation a breeze.
Great cooking isn’t about recipes—it’s about techniques. In our classes you’ll work together with other students in a fun, hands-on environment led by our professional chef instructors. Class time is 3:30-5:30 p.m., July 27. The cost is $69. Reserve you place by phone (18 years old and older) at 800-243-0852. Sur La Table is at the Shops at La Cantera, 15900 La Cantera Parkway.
In this class you will:
- Learn fundamental skills for a lifetime of great cooking
- Work side-by-side with other students to prepare each dish
- Interact with classmates and the instructor for a rich learning experience
- Classes are 2 to 2 1/2 hours, unless otherwise noted above, and each student enjoys a generous taste of every dish
- Held in our professional teaching kitchens, each class is led by an experienced chef instructor
- Hands-on classes are limited to 16 participants
- Students receive a 10 percent discount coupon to use the week after the class
Cooking at Central Market: Stone Fruits
Hannah Smith, CM Cooking School Instructor, will demonstrate three healthy recipes that are also a delicious way to use these summer fruits. The class is for students ages 18 and older. The cost is $25. These recipes will be demonstrated:
- Summer Stone Fruit Gazpacho;
- Brandied Peach & Pork Kebabs;
- Burrata Stone Fruit Salad; and
- Roast Plums with Almond Crunch, Basil Syrup & Cream.
Class is 12-1 p.m. Aug. 1. To reserve a place call 210-368-8617. Or follow this link.