Here are hotlines and websites for finding information on just about everything you need for Thanksgiving.
- Butterball Turkey Talk-Line: (800) 288-8372, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. live assistance, then automated; butterball.com.
- Crisco Pie Hotline: (877) 367-7438 offers a pie expert to talk to from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday throughout the holidays. The line is also available 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. now through Nov. 26 and Dec. 15-23. On Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve or Christmas Day, access videos with step-by-step visual instructions and guidelines for making pie crusts.
- Domino Sugar: dominosugar.com – look here for baking tips and recipes.
- Fleischmann’s Yeast Baker’s Help Line: (800) 777-4959: offers information for using yeast, storing it, determining if it is still useable. Consumer representatives are on hand 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday. Recipes, tips at breadworld.com.
- Food and wine pairing: www.foodandwinepairing.org offers tips on what wines to pair with turkey or your side sides.
- Foster Farms Turkey Helpline: (800) 255-7227: answers questions about their products and how to prepare turkey, 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday-Friday. Or visit fosterfarms.com.
- King Arthur Flour Co.’s Bakers Hotline: (802) 649-3717 for information on baking just about anything. Staffed 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday-Friday and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday year-round. During the holidays, the hotline is available weekends from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Also, you can e-mail questions to email@example.com or join live chats at kingarthurflour.com when the hotline is available.
- Land O’Lakes Holiday Bake Line: (800) 782-9606; hotline available 8 a.m.-7 p.m. through Christmas Eve.
- McCormick: mccormick.com provides holiday recipes and instructions for craft projects that use spices.
- National Turkey Federation: eatturkey.com advocates for the turkey industry and has a Thanksgiving guide for turkey preparation as well as other holiday dishes.
- Nestlé Toll House Baking Information Line: (800) 637-8537 is available 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday-Friday. Also, their Web site, verybestbaking.com, offers baking tips and recipes.
- Ocean Spray consumer help line: (800) 662-3263 is available 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, including Thanksgiving Day. Or visit oceanspray.com for a Thanksgiving planning section including expert advice, tried-and-true recipes, ideas for a beautiful table, crafts and hints for the host.
- Perdue Farms: (800) 473-7383. Find out about roasting, carving and leftovers at www.perdue.com.
- Reynolds Turkey Tips hotline: (800) 745-4000 for recorded turkey defrosting and roasting information; reynoldskitchen.com.
- Shady Brook Farms Turkey Line: (888) 723-4468 offers recorded information about turkeys from buying and prepping to roasting and carving. www.shadybrookfarms.com.
- USDA Meat & Poultry Hotline: (888) 674-6854 offers information on safe food handling and prevention of food-borne illnesses.
John Griffin and About.com contributed to this report.